Reminder softwre(not iCal 4 good reason)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by flyfish29, Apr 20, 2010.

1. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

So I searched on MR (with MRoogle) and had no luck....

My wife and I sync three computers and two iPod Touches using Mobile Me and iCal. We love the sync'd calendars and that we can set reminders that we both get on all devices, but to be honest, most of the reminders that we get only one of us needs. For instance I teach and need various reminders during the school day but my wife doesn't want to keep clicking close on the iCal reminder windows that pop up.

So does anyone know of a reminder software program that will do simple (usually reoccurring) reminders preferably onscreen and through email?

(by the way- I don't use Mail on my school computer so having an email sent through an iCal reminder doesn't really work.)

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I use google Calendar to do it. Then you can create calendars on your calendar and share them between people. This is how I sync my home laptop, work computer and iPhone. Works great.

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Why not just create a personal calendar for yourself and just set it to not sync with the other Apple products? I dunno about iOS, but on OS X there should be a way to disable an entire calendar from updating.

4. flyfish29 thread starter macrumors 68020

flyfish29

thejadedmonkey- I don't believe it is possible- you either have to sync all or none with Mobile Me iCal sync. I have even tried having my wife deselect my school planbook calendar on her iCal (we have about 7 diff. calendars so we dont' have to see each other's events) However even though she is not currently viewing my school planbook calendar the event reminders still show up on her laptop.

CylonGlitch- It isn't that I need to sync any differently, Mobile me does that perfectly for us.

maybe I wasn't clear in my OP- I am in need of a reminder software program for me to use which does NOT sync and is not iCal.