Reminder - use Education Pricing if applicable!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by calganelle, Apr 10, 2015.

1. calganelle macrumors member

I got the Space Gray 1.3 Ghz 512 GB model and saved almost $100 using the Education Store. Just a tip for anyone who's a student and buying. :D

2. Atimix macrumors member

I did the same and saved only 75$ if that's what you mean. Hopefully 1.3 is worth the 225 bump.

3. dgu23 macrumors newbie

did u get a 3 wk shipping estimate for the 1.3?

4. calganelle thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, that's what I meant... I mean compared to the full price, it seems like a drop in the bucket but that's a week (or two?) of groceries for me ;). I also hope the 1.3 is worth it. I was about to pull the trigger on the 1.2, but thought about how I would probably wish I chose the 1.3 later on. And I plan on keeping this throughout all of med school plus more if I'm lucky, so better to get the best I can right now, I suppose...

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Yup. Although it's not letting you do in-store pickup if you use the education discount. That's new. Maybe they want to prevent non-students from using it.

6. calganelle thread starter macrumors member

Yup will be waiting 3 - 4 weeks. It's about 2 more weeks later than the 1.2 model so I figured why not?

----------

Oh really? That is odd... I guess with the 1.3 upgrade, it's not as useful getting in-store pickup. But I didn't even check for store pick up when I bought it.

7. dgu23 macrumors newbie

haha funny i'm also a med student.

8. Atimix macrumors member

Yes I got a 3-4 week estimate

9. calganelle thread starter macrumors member

Hahaha oh awesome. Yeah I'm so used to switching devices that I challenged myself to try to keep this new MacBook for all 4 years so I'm hoping it'll hold up!