Reminder

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by ivanwi11iams, Jun 15, 2016.

1. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

For the FIRST time ever, I've used and tried Reminder.
    I actually tried it while in my car, using Siri.

Is there a way to have Siri\Reminder set the date and time for a Reminder?

Ps: I really wanted this posting in an OS section. Thus pertaining to all Apple devices using Reminder...

2. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

Tap the blue "i" in the blue circle. It'll give you a whole bunch of options.

or if you can just tell siri the time and date you want the reminder by adding it to your reminder command to her.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you specify day/date/time when asking Siri to create a reminder then it will add it to the reminder. Alternatively when you are creating a reminder in the Reminders app or editing it once it has been created there's a way to specify a date/time for it as well.

4. ivanwi11iams thread starter Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Also, how many use Reminder versus your email client of choice Calendar reminder\appointments or tasks?

5. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

Also take a look at the reminders by location in the details screen. It can do geo fencing on a specific location or tied to your car's bluetooth.

6. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

I use Siri for reminders all the time. Stuff like, "Siri, remind me to move the car at 9:45am today." It wouldn't really make sense to create a calendar entry for that.