Reminders AM PM

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mashinhead, Jul 1, 2013.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68030

When I create a reminder it will not allow me to distinguish between AM and PM its so frustrating because it create the reminders for the wrong time.

2. flynz4 macrumors 68040

We evidently must have different reminders app. Mine works as expected... including AM/PM

3. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68030

It just shows the time not AM PM. Is there something that I am missing?

Attached Files:

4. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68030

just so we're on the same page, i'm talking about the desktop app.

5. gc916 macrumors regular

gc916

What OS are you using? On my MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion, if I enable the 24-hour clock option (System Preferences>Date & Time>Clock>Use a 24-hour clock), Reminders won't let me specify AM/PM, since there is no need. If I uncheck that option, Show AM/PM is selected, and the option in Reminders is restored.

6. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68030

I didn't have a 24hr clock, but i did have show am/pm unchecked, but i did check it and reopen reminders and no luck.

EDIT: Fixed it

7. gc916 macrumors regular

gc916

8. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68030

A week or so ago I was trying to get rid of the AM/PM in the menu bar and add seconds, instead of unchecking that check box in the Date and Time Preferences I deep dove into the set date and time formats under the "open language & text" button and changed the short option to not have AM/PM which was a system wide change.