Reminders and Notes dock removal

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by shardey, Jul 25, 2012.

1. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

The two corresponding apps Reminders and Notes can't be taken off of the dock by dragging. You can right click and remove them from dock, but every restart they appear. Would like to see a work around, since I won't be using them.

Also for the battery there is no option for "Time". The only option is a check for show percentage by the battery icon, other wise it's just the battery icon that leaves a large space for the volume to be clicked.

2. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

3. macinhand macrumors regular

macinhand

Drag the icon at least half way up the screen then the cloud will appear then it will delete it! It is a fail safe so you don't accidentally remove the icons from the dock

4. trustme macrumors member

I think OP is talking about them reappearing after a restart. I believe you need to make sure your settings are set to 'not open at login'

5. shardey thread starter macrumors 6502a

shardey

Well the dragging them off definitely made them not come back after restarting and I felt like before you could drag them off a lot quicker. But the remove from dock didn't work at all.

6. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

Thanks, was starting to get annoyed! I guess it's a pretty good, I did used to sometimes accidentally drag stuff from the dock.

7. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Same... this was driving me nuts. Thanks for the information about the slow drag till the cloud appeared!