Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shardey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
Colorado
The two corresponding apps Reminders and Notes can't be taken off of the dock by dragging. You can right click and remove them from dock, but every restart they appear. Would like to see a work around, since I won't be using them.

Also for the battery there is no option for "Time". The only option is a check for show percentage by the battery icon, other wise it's just the battery icon that leaves a large space for the volume to be clicked.

macinhand

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
Cheshire, UK
Drag the icon at least half way up the screen then the cloud will appear then it will delete it! It is a fail safe so you don't accidentally remove the icons from the dock

trustme

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
I think OP is talking about them reappearing after a restart. I believe you need to make sure your settings are set to 'not open at login'

shardey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
Colorado
Well the dragging them off definitely made them not come back after restarting and I felt like before you could drag them off a lot quicker. But the remove from dock didn't work at all.

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Drag the icon at least half way up the screen then the cloud will appear then it will delete it! It is a fail safe so you don't accidentally remove the icons from the dock

Thanks, was starting to get annoyed! I guess it's a pretty good, I did used to sometimes accidentally drag stuff from the dock.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Thanks, was starting to get annoyed! I guess it's a pretty good, I did used to sometimes accidentally drag stuff from the dock.

Same... this was driving me nuts. Thanks for the information about the slow drag till the cloud appeared!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.