Reminders app does not back ground refresh...app needs to be opened??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuzion11, Sep 29, 2014.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Since I updated to iOS 7.XX (can't remember which one exactly) my reminders app will not refresh in the background. If for example I were to check off a reminder as being complete the reminder will not automatically move into the "finshed folder" (or whatever it is called)....I will have to manually close the app and then reopen the app for it to be moved to the finished folder.

Also I've noticed when using location based reminders I have to have the app opened in the background for the location based reminders to work.

I was hoping this was a bug in my backup files and once I upgraded to iOS 8 and set up as a "new iPhone" the problem would go away...I've had no such luck.

I looked in the settings app under "background apps" and noticed that the reminders app is not included in my list. I've even tried turning iCloud on and off to see if that would help...no luck.

Anyone have any tips to correct this issue or is this happening to everyone and there's no fix for it? If that's the case, the reminders app seems somewhat useless to me...you use this app so you can put these tasks to the back of your brain and not have to worry about having the app open so you will be reminded.

anyone??

Thanks in advace....

2. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

tested it again this morning and same results...can someone else try this to see if it's just not me. Thanks...

3. flashflooder macrumors regular

It works for me without having to be in the background.

To remove finished tasks from the list, I have to flip to another list and then back. No need to restart the app. Not the greatest implementation, but it works.

I noticed Location Services for the Reminders app only includes the "While Using" option, and no "Always" option. Maybe they need to patch it to include this option? Either way, it still alerts me on location-based reminders whether in use or not.

4. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Thanks for the reply...I think it's kinda rediculous we have to switch to the done folder and checking off a list item for it to be moved to that folder. It's a damn to do list, that's supposed to help with productivity, not make things more difficult. lol

I'll try another fresh install of ios 8 to see if that helps with the location reminders.