Reminders app for bill reminders ?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by richxps, Feb 10, 2017.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

does anyone use the reminders app to remember bill due dates ? I'm tired of using 3rd party apps because many are launched and never supported so the built in iOS app may be better ....

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Sometimes...for the ones that don't have auto-pay.

3. GerritV macrumors 65816

GerritV

I practice computer banking, so my bills go directly into that app with an execution date.
    Saves me to input the same information twice.

4. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Have you tried Mint? they were just bought by intuit so I think it will be supported for a long time. its free and works great.

5. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

The reminder app ?

6. GerritV macrumors 65816

GerritV

Sorry, no - I referred to the Bank app.
    I used to make a reminder in the past, which came down to type a description, the amount, etc.
    Now I just fill a form in my Banking app and add an execution date there.
    No more need for a reminder.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Easy to tell Siri, "Remind me to pay the insurance bill on March 28th."

8. mthomas184 macrumors 6502

mthomas184

I do actually. I have them set up on a monthly repeat so I dont even have to touch them once I acknowledge the reminder. I just dont put in the amount due.

9. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Since way back when, I always used bill reminder apps on my phone to keep track of when I need to pay specific bills. Currently I use "Bill Keeper" which has not been updated in quite sometime and is still a 32bit app.

I know I could use the stock reminders app, but I prefer using a 3rd party app instead. I was looking at Fantastical (even though it's more or less a calendar app). But any other suggestions on bill reminder apps to consider? I have no problems paying for an app as long as it's 64bit and kept updated.

10. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Look either into mint bills or prism, I prefer prism due to being able to pay my bill from the app without having to pay an extra fee, plus the UI is nicer. But mint does categorize your spending and gives you a nice overview of where your money went.

11. PhoenixDown macrumors regular

12. FirePak macrumors regular

I used Billminder for years but it hasn't been updated in years and the company that made it hasn't responded to anything or posted any updates. Using reminders with repeat now.

13. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

I tried reminders,but for me,as I want everything in one place,the native iOS calendar works fine.

14. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

I've been using BillTracker for over a year now.
    Works flawlessly, definitely recommend it.

I have no ties to the developer what so ever. Just a satisfied user.

BillTracker for iPhone by SnapTap
    https://appsto.re/us/J_Css.i

15. mabhatter macrumors 6502a

I've been using SnapTap BillTracker for four years plus on iPhone and iPad. The last update to the iPhone version was nine months ago for iOS 9 support, then they went dark. There was supposed to be an iPad update closely following but it never happened. Their twitter, website and any other contact info is dead. Anybody know if they're still in business?

I found an app suspiciously similar that just had a lot of updates...

Bill Watch Pro - Bills Reminder and Tracker by LINKLINKS LTD
    https://appsto.re/us/bEZm4.i

I downloaded it but don't want to give up on BillTracker just yet.

16. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Thanks for the heads up about BillTracker, I wasn't aware their support and twitter went MIA. That's the problem with these apps/developers, some just don't make it and quit or some make it and quit. I guess it is what it is, probably a rough market to be in. I remember a really good bill reminder app back in the day, i think it was called Bills at Your Table, or something like that. Was a well polished app and had perfect sync with the iPad version, really nice looking UI too, same thing happened there, after a few years the developer walked away and shut it all down.