Reminders App

Itinj24

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I’m aware this is a known issue now and I too, haven’t been able to get Reminders to sync to the watch since I downloaded WatchOS 6 on day 1 and I thought it was everyone having this issue.

I’ve tried everything short of unpairing and repairing the watch from rebooting both devices in different ways, resetting the sync in the Apple Watch app which does absolutely nothing, uninstalling and reinstalling the Reminders app on the iPhone since there is no option for Reminders in the Watch app nor can you delete it from there... Very frustrating.

I just checked my wife’s watch and oddly enough her Reminders are synced and working properly.

The only thing I can think of that we both don’t have in common (other than the she has an S4 Hermès and I have an Aluminum S4 with cellular) is that I have an iPad and she doesn’t.

Is it possible that since the iPad is still on iOS 12 that the Reminders won’t sync on my Apple ID properly with iOS 13 and WatchOS 6??? How about the rest of the community. Anyone not syncing properly on the watch have an iPad as well? Feedback anyone?

Reactions: FunkyMagicUK

BF1M

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2018
It’s not working for me and I have both an iPad and iMac. It’s not working for my wife either and she’s just got the watch and phone. It worked up until the moment she clicked the upgrade thing on her phone; that’s more than likely the key.

Itinj24

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
It’s not working for me and I have both an iPad and iMac. It’s not working for my wife either and she’s just got the watch and phone. It worked up until the moment she clicked the upgrade thing on her phone; that’s more than likely the key.
Ah Ok. Well there’s that theory then lol. I clicked that as well. Not sure if my wife did or not but she’s not much into tech so she most likely wouldn’t have a clue. Hopefully 13.1 fixes this. I could wait a couple more days. Thanks.

A warning from Apple about that stupid little pop up would’ve been nice. I vaguely remember what it said. Happened so fast lol

jtkboston

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
I had similar oddities with reminders after upgrading to 13.1 beta, watchos 6, and upgraded reminders DB in iCloud.
Reminders on watch were not showing any content from iCloud. I un-paired and re-paired the watch to the phone, and then Reminders showed everything again, but it had the wrong default list (seen by the "add reminder" button on the bottom of the list of reminder-lists). On the phone I then reordered the list of lists to put my preferred list at the top, then tapped "reset sync data" in the Watch app.
And at some point I had to reboot the watch since it stopped responding to taps.
After all that, now reminders shows the lists in my preferred order, the add new reminder button goes to the correct list, and using dictation to create a reminder also goes to the correct list.

Itinj24

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I had similar oddities with reminders after upgrading to 13.1 beta, watchos 6, and upgraded reminders DB in iCloud.
Reminders on watch were not showing any content from iCloud. I un-paired and re-paired the watch to the phone, and then Reminders showed everything again, but it had the wrong default list (seen by the "add reminder" button on the bottom of the list of reminder-lists). On the phone I then reordered the list of lists to put my preferred list at the top, then tapped "reset sync data" in the Watch app.
And at some point I had to reboot the watch since it stopped responding to taps.
After all that, now reminders shows the lists in my preferred order, the add new reminder button goes to the correct list, and using dictation to create a reminder also goes to the correct list.
Ok so it seems that a unpair/re-pair is necessary... I’m upgrading to an 11 Pro and S5 next week. I’ll just do with out Reminders On the watch in the meanwhile and see if it comes back with the new devices and their preinstalled software. Thanks.

aloper

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2015
Rocklin, CA
I remember on my phone a message about upgrading reminders so I just tapped away, hell yes, upgrade them! Turns out once you do that, then reminders won’t sync to any device not running IOS 13 (iPad) or Mac OS Catalina (MacBook pro). Should fix itself once those are available...

On another note, my watch when I ask Siri to add any type of reminder, dumps it into my grocery list! lol. Even setting the default list to reminders on my phone, Siri on my watch puts everything into grocery. If I ask Siri on my phone, it works fine...

jtkboston

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
On another note, my watch when I ask Siri to add any type of reminder, dumps it into my grocery list! lol. Even setting the default list to reminders on my phone, Siri on my watch puts everything into grocery. If I ask Siri on my phone, it works fine...
Try reordering the lists on your phone to put your preferred list at the top. Then use "reset sync data" in the watch app. I think that's what fixed this for me.