Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steven SANH

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2023
Australia
Since updating to iOS 17.4 the "Reminders" app won't automatically clear the reminder.

All my reminders are set as Time Sensitive Notifications, so they appear on the Lock Screen or Home Screen. When I swipe 'left' to clear the reminder (or select to clear or completed); the same reminder pops up again the next day. I have to manually go into the Reminders App and clear/delete them. This has only happened since 17.4 :(

Anyone else experiencing this?

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
In my experience, if you swipe left to clear, the reminder doesn't complete, so the reminder remains in the not-done state. I think it will pop up again the next day as a reminder. When I complete the reminder, it completes it and doesn't show up again.

If it creates a new reminder after you complete it, it's likely that the repeat setting is set for that reminder.

Steven SANH

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2023
Australia
In my experience, if you swipe left to clear, the reminder doesn't complete, so the reminder remains in the not-done state. I think it will pop up again the next day as a reminder. When I complete the reminder, it completes it and doesn't show up again.

If it creates a new reminder after you complete it, it's likely that the repeat setting is set for that reminder.
Okay thanks! Sorry for the late reply.
I'll try the option of half swiping to the left and the select the option Complete. Although sometimes it does not present "Complete"; only an [Options] & [Clear].

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
The problem I'm having is if I mark a Reminder on my phone as completed, it doesn't always clear on my Mac and I have to mark as completed on Mac too.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Reactions: IRC4Ever

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
The problem I'm having is if I mark a Reminder on my phone as completed, it doesn't always clear on my Mac and I have to mark as completed on Mac too.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?
Guys a quick bump up as just can't seem to fix this issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.