Reminders & GPS/Location Power Draw

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MadDog31, Jun 6, 2011.

1. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

Just noticed something peculiar that's obviously required...I set up a reminder to say something when I leave my apartment building but it leaves the location services icon popped up the whole time.

I wonder what kind of battery draw this has. Does it ping every few minutes perhaps? Or is it a constant sort of function?

Just a thought I'm throwing out there. Time for bed though, very tired. Wasn't the easiest install but it's only b/c I thought my iPhone was registered on my dev account and it wasn't. Ooops. Works now though, no probs.

2. NightFox macrumors 68000

NightFox

Yes, just noticed that too. Like you say, obvious when you think about it but it's a major negative all the same. Also a bit weak that you can only set a trigger location from your contacts list, not the map.

3. dubnde macrumors regular

I am just wondering how else would it work as it needs to know the location and the only way is to have location services on.

4. NightFox macrumors 68000

NightFox

Yes, that's probably the only way it could work, but it's going to drink power. I've left it running in the background for about 20mins now and my battery has dropped by 9% already. Makes it kind of pointless I think.