Reminders iCloud sync

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mic j, Oct 25, 2013.

1. mic j macrumors 68030

After installing Mavericks on MBP, found out that iPad iCal and Contacts would not sync with MBP. Read that Mavericks will no longer allow direct sync with iTunes and that it will only sync calendar and contacts through iCloud (which I have not been using). So I clicked on the iCloud option to sync calendar and contacts to to the iCloud. All was fine (except for a couple duplicate calendars which I had to delete. Went to my Reminders app...all reminders are gone!!. In preference, I did not check to sync Reminders using iCloud (nor do I want to).

Any idea how to get my lost reminders back? Why did the disappear in the first place?

2. mic j thread starter macrumors 68030

Solved!!

Somehow I stumbled on to this:

My iCloud acct was signed into an old email acct (which I think it got from when I signed up for Find My Mac). I signed out of that account (with all those warning of your data will be deleted). Went to iCloud in Preferences, clicked on it and had me create a new account (using my current AppleID and pswd). Did that and all my reminders are back in the Reminders app.

Got lucky, I guess.