Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

norbiheim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
Please, somebody tell me how to enable or go around the block of having your reminders coming up in iCal. That was great and I really need it.

If it's absolutely not possible, can you recommend any substitution that can fix this?

norbiheim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
Ever since Mountain Lion and iOS 7 mine does not work and on every forum it says that it has been disabled!

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Ever since Mountain Lion and iOS 7 mine does not work and on every forum it says that it has been disabled!

I get it on mine (200 Mac Pro to iOS on 7.0.2 on 4s). Go into your Mac and turn off iCloud sync and do the same in your iOS device. Then wait 10 minutes and go back in both the Mac and iPhone and turn back on iCloud sync again. Re syncing this way seems to help.

Hrhnick

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2013
I think OP is looking for a single window solution. Prior to ML, you would view reminders in the iCal app, however ML divided this into the Calendar app and the Reminders app.

As far as I know there is no way to merge the two apps into one window.

BusyCal looks like a great 3rd party app that offers a similar layout you're looking for and should sync with the native built apps as it claims full iCloud support. You can see in their see screenshots that the ToDo list shows up to the right of the main Calendar. They have a free trial on their site.

busycal-todos-858.png

norbiheim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
Thanks for all the replies. I will definitely check the application out.

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
I just dug up this old discussion while searching for how to get reminders/to-dos on iCal. The bottom line is that you still cannot do it. But BusyCal is still going strong, still offering a free 30-day trial, and is still AWESOME! I just installed it and will use it as my default calendar app in place of iCal. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.