Reminders in iCal

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by norbiheim, Oct 12, 2013.

1. norbiheim macrumors newbie

Please, somebody tell me how to enable or go around the block of having your reminders coming up in iCal. That was great and I really need it.

If it's absolutely not possible, can you recommend any substitution that can fix this?

2. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

Not sure what you're talking about, my reminders work properly in iCal on both my Mac and iPhone using iCloud. :confused:

3. norbiheim thread starter macrumors newbie

Ever since Mountain Lion and iOS 7 mine does not work and on every forum it says that it has been disabled!

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I get it on mine (200 Mac Pro to iOS on 7.0.2 on 4s). Go into your Mac and turn off iCloud sync and do the same in your iOS device. Then wait 10 minutes and go back in both the Mac and iPhone and turn back on iCloud sync again. Re syncing this way seems to help.

5. Hrhnick macrumors member

I think OP is looking for a single window solution. Prior to ML, you would view reminders in the iCal app, however ML divided this into the Calendar app and the Reminders app.

As far as I know there is no way to merge the two apps into one window.

BusyCal looks like a great 3rd party app that offers a similar layout you're looking for and should sync with the native built apps as it claims full iCloud support. You can see in their see screenshots that the ToDo list shows up to the right of the main Calendar. They have a free trial on their site.

[​IMG]

6. norbiheim thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the replies. I will definitely check the application out.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Yeah, they're separate apps but you can't enable them separately!

8. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

I just dug up this old discussion while searching for how to get reminders/to-dos on iCal. The bottom line is that you still cannot do it. But BusyCal is still going strong, still offering a free 30-day trial, and is still AWESOME! I just installed it and will use it as my default calendar app in place of iCal. :D