Reminders not reliably showing in notification center

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by exi, Feb 14, 2013.

1. exi macrumors 6502

iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.

Settings for Reminders app: no alert/banners, no icon badging. "On" in notification center.

I've noticed that despite having reminders set with a date and time, they do not reliably appear in the drag-down notification center. For example, I have four reminders for tomorrow at times ranging from late morning to 5pm.

Earlier, at 5pm today, none of them appeared in the notification center. Closing the notifications app and reopening didn't help. Hard closing and reopening the app didn't help. Locking / unlocking the phone didn't help.

As soon as I turned the phone off and on, all four reminders appeared as expected in the notification center.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can address this besides restoring the phone in iTunes?

2. exi thread starter macrumors 6502

3. exi, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013

exi thread starter macrumors 6502

4. exi thread starter macrumors 6502

For those who stumble across this later: a full restore through iTunes, then setting up the phone as new, does not fix this problem. I've got an event that starts less than 24 hours from now, and it shows in the notification center on my MBP on 10.8.2, but it's not in the phone's notification center.

5. FelixII, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013

FelixII macrumors member

FelixII

This problem occurs for reminders since iOS 6.0. I already filled a bug report to Apple a few months ago but they haven't fixed it yet. Since iOS 6.1 the bug also affects appointments. I hope this problem gets a little more attention now as it is noticed by more users.

6. cynics macrumors G3

I don't get them in the notification center either. I have badges turned on so location based reminders actually remind me of things.

However I get calendar events in the notification center just fine.

7. exi, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013

exi thread starter macrumors 6502

I've converted to Outlook.com for now.

Tasks do not show in the notification center despite having times and dates, being placed on the default calendar within the website, and being on the default Reminders list on iOS.

And yet they'll show if I add one on the phone.

So flaky.

ETA:

Tasks in Outlook work as... well as iCloud would if you set a calendar/phone reminder for zero minutes before the event, which is what the Reminders app on iOS does if you add from there.

And as it turns out, if you try to move a task from one list to another, it just duplicates it within outlook.com onto the destination list as opposed to moving it there.