Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacintoshJoshh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2024
I recently upgraded to an iPhone 15 PM and iOS 17 has been giving me all sorts of problems that I didn’t experience with my previous iPhone.

One of the issues I am having is with reminders app which I use daily. For whatever reason I stopped receiving any notifications on my new phone regardless of what time I set the notification/alert to come through.

I did some googling and saw some YouTube videos stating to check the notifications setting for the app however reminders doesn’t show at all under notifications in the settings.

I have tried uninstalling the app and re-downloading to no avail.

Any ideas?

Reactions: CE3

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I'm assuming you've set new reminders on the new phone?

If not, give that a try. That might bring back the notifications.

MacintoshJoshh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2024
I have tried both using and updating original notifications as well as creating new ones.

No profiles, vpn or any other settings in use. iPhone was setup as new.

At this point I’m not even sure resetting the phone again would do much however I’m not sure? Possibly with the next iOS update it would fix it itself? I’m currently on the newest iOS 17.5.1 build (non-beta)

Reactions: scouser75

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
I had to reset my device due to other technical issues yesterday and I’m now having this same problem as well on 17.5.1

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
When you opened reminders, did it ask if you wanted to receive notifications. If you click no, it then won't show in notifications

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.