Reminders not syncing - iOS 9.1

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by scouser75, Jan 16, 2016.

1. scouser75 macrumors 6502a

Guys,

My Reminders are not syncing via Push between my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 both running iOS 9.1.

IF I want reminders to sync I need to open the reminders app in the recipient device - so if I add a reminder on my iPhone I then need to open up reminders on the iPad to sync the reminder.

Ive turned sync on and off on both devices. But this method doesn't work.

IS this a known fault?

2. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Try updating your iOS. Could be a bug that was fixed in 9.2.

3. Tomapple macrumors member

This is also happening to me since iOS9.X, don't exactly which. This happens to me with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6S, and iPad Air 2. I'm now on iOS 9.3 Beta and I still have the same problem.

4. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys for the replies.

I have a feeling that this could be a glitch with reminders. Although I've done a search and it seems no one else is experiencing this.

Blooming annoying as I have a crap memory! :lol:

5. Tomapple macrumors member

Hey, thanks to your post I found out the problem and was able to fix it. When you said syncing via "Push" it clicked to me. The thing is I had Push deactivated for iCloud in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Fetch New Data > iCloud. After activating it in both, my iPad and iPhone, push for remainder is back and working flawlessly.

Now I feel a little stupid, but I think it can be a little misleading for this option to be under "Mail, Contacts, Calendar" if it affects all iCloud features. I had this option deactivated because I was not interested in Push for email and wanted to save battery.

I hope this works for you too.

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

yes, you do need to keep push enabled for iCloud account to have anything synced between different devices

7. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's the thing - I have Push enabled and still having issues.

My OS may need to be updated.