Reminders on Apple Watch Oddity

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TRICKorDEVICE, Oct 8, 2015.

1. TRICKorDEVICE, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015

TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

I noticed today that when I make a reminder via Apple Watch it is confirming the reminder is made, but then I can't see the reminder in the Reminders app on iPhone, or on iCloud.com.

The watch is confirming reminder creation, but no reminder is being created. This isn't good. I've already restarted the watch. Any suggestions?

Has anyone had this happen?

2. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is really bad. I use the watch for reminders all the time. Any ideas?

3. Laserducky macrumors regular

Laserducky

Works fine for reminders creation via Siri which I can see on the phone as well.

For deletion, asks to me delete from phone.

Have you tried using Wunderlist ? Its quite good and adds to your apple calendar as well (to-do lists appear as an all-day event though rather than the reminder time set in Wunderlist itself).

Cheers !

4. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the suggestion. But I just want it to work like it always has and is supposed to. Any suggestions on getting reminder creation via Apple Watch working again?

5. Laserducky macrumors regular

Laserducky

Perhaps restart your phone as well ?

6. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

Trying now. It's one thing for it to say it can't create the reminder. It's entirely worse to tell you that the reminder has been created.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Have not tried a reminders but I know an alarm set on the watch does not go on the iPhone.

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Also make sure you are looking in the iPhone's default Reminders List. Siri sends all Reminders to this List unless you say otherwise.

9. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty advanced with reminders. But thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it was not going anywhere. Then later yesterday I told it to add "X" to my general shopping list, and it told me I didn't have a general shopping list and asked me if I wanted to create one.

So very odd.
    In addition when I has to to launch overcast, my podcast app it told me I had to unlock my iPhone and put up a weird graphic.

So I was getting some unusual behavior yesterday in general.

10. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

I've used simple reminders on my watch via Siri, and it works as it should.

11. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did update Fantastical 2 which has a native Apple Watch app that I use to look at reminders on the Watch. Is there anyway that installing the native app could have messed up adding reminders to via Siri and apple watch?

It was working perfectly less than a day ago...

12. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a