Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Do reminders no longer reappear on lock screen after the phone has been unlocked and re-locked?

Thanks!
I still have that pretty much like before -- if a reminder is set to go off at 9 AM it will appear on the lock screen and then as I use my phone throughout the day (unlocking and locking it) it will remain there until I dismiss the notification or mark the reminder as completed (or delete it).

ebd.i.am

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I still have that pretty much like before -- if a reminder is set to go off at 9 AM it will appear on the lock screen and then as I use my phone throughout the day (unlocking and locking it) it will remain there until I dismiss the notification or mark the reminder as completed (or delete it).

Hmm, mine doesn't do that anymore. It used to. Is there a setting somewhere to enable it? Thanks.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hmm, mine doesn't do that anymore. It used to. Is there a setting somewhere to enable it? Thanks.
Short of checking notification settings for Reminders (under Settings > Notifications > Reminders), I can't think of any. I haven't changed mine there in a long time and it looks like I have have Lock Screen, Notification Center, and Banners enabled, along with Banner Style being set to Persistent, in case that might make a difference.

ebd.i.am

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Short of checking notification settings for Reminders (under Settings > Notifications > Reminders), I can't think of any. I haven't changed mine there in a long time and it looks like I have have Lock Screen, Notification Center, and Banners enabled, along with Banner Style being set to Persistent, in case that might make a difference.

Thanks. Figured it out. Under Notifications > Reminders > change Show Previews to "Always".

Reactions: C DM
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.