Reminders on mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by archdelux, Dec 29, 2011.

1. archdelux macrumors 6502

Is there any way to conveniently access iOS reminders on a mac without having Lion?

2. BreakGuy macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

NotifyMe is an application that does just that. It is a paid app too, just so you know.

3. archdelux thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks..the app looks pretty cool! But I was just wondering if there was a mac app that alowed me to access the inbuilt reminders in iOS because I like to use Siri to input reminders, and so having a mac companion app would be great because i could continue to use siri for reminders (as opposed to notifyme)..anyone know of anything?

P.S. also is there a way to receive and send iMessages from your computer?

4. BreakGuy macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

This article may be of some help to you: Share Reminders with iCloud, add them with Siri

As for iMessage for Mac, there's no way yet. Rumors are going around of it coming to Mac, but reality is it's anyone's guess.

5. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Message, not currently. Reminders made using Siri or the Reminders app sync with iCal. Make sure it is set to show reminders.

6. archdelux thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks, but unfortunately that's only available if you have Lion... so i guess what I'm hearing is that there is no app that allows me to access reminders.. the only way is to either update to Lion or access them on the icloud website..

7. jamesr19 macrumors 6502

I use this extension for Alfred (a quick access bar) http://www.dirtdon.com/?p=1261

It adds to the reminder to iCal and that then immediately syncs with iCloud and all my iOS devices. It's really useful!

To use it you have to buy the Alfred power pack for £15 but you get loads of features/customisability with it so I highly recommend it. Alfred is free btw but you don't get to use extensions unless you have the powerpack.
    http://alfredapp.com