Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrhop

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2014
Not working on two iPhone 11’s, but working on iOS 17 installed via beta channel on iPhone 12. Option is set on list to ‘shopping’, tried with new list, restarting phone etc. anyone else having issues?

13paul13

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2019
I’ve just created a new shopping list just to test and it works for me. It automatically puts items into categories, etc. iPhone 11.

trevolly

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2009
Not working on my wife’s 13 Pro. She’s been looking forward to that feature seeing as I’ve been demoing it on the beta!!

sowza1

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2008
NYC
Not working here either on iPhone 14 Pro or iPad. I also tried starting a whole new list and it doesn’t work.

R4z3r

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
NJ
Sadly, it doesn’t work with an existing or new list for me. Really looking forward to this feature.

dsteve

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2011
My first one didn’t work. Deleted it.
My second one didn’t work. Deleted it.
My third one worked immediately.

Apple redefines insanity!

jlblodgett

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2008
I created a list on my iPhone - it words just fine.

However - when I added my wife to the list, the things she adds to the list are NOT automatically sorted. They just sit at the bottom of the list.

eastbayjay

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2023
I tried a new list tonight and it works now. Maybe the feature is rolling out slowly.

Last edited:

garranhado

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2017
Not working for me iPhone XS and iPad Pro 11. I don’t see the “List Type” menu.

Is US / UK feature only?

Reactions: iwan073

timeislove

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2020
Not working for my SE2

All items categorised to “others”!

Upgraded to IOS 17 just an hr ago.

jrhop

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2014
Really? Did you do anything apart from leaving it overnight? It is not supposed a server side function.

Upgraded to iOS 17 only an hr ago.
No nothing just left it overnight, yesterday I did test it without Reminders local to the phone, with iCloud turned off and the option isn't even there, so must be iCloud related in some way.

d_g_m

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
How to get iOS to automatically categorize your groceries: use another app :)

Not working for me at all. iphone 13 mini, iOS 17

(Paprika still works: they can thank Apple’s solution not working for reminding me they already have this feature)

d_g_m

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
No nothing just left it overnight, yesterday I did test it without Reminders local to the phone, with iCloud turned off and the option isn't even there, so must be iCloud related in some way.

Indeed:

“Note: All Reminders features described in this guide are available when you use updated reminders in iCloud. Some features aren’t available when using other accounts.”

d_g_m

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
Indeed:

“Note: All Reminders features described in this guide are available when you use updated reminders in iCloud. Some features aren’t available when using other accounts.”

But it’s still not working for me even with iCloud for Reminders turned on

ColinMF

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
Not working on two iPhone 11’s, but working on iOS 17 installed via beta channel on iPhone 12. Option is set on list to ‘shopping’, tried with new list, restarting phone etc. anyone else having issues?
Wasn't working for me either but I had Reminders open on another device. Closed that, tried again on iPhone and it now works! So, try closing Reminders if open on other devices.

shieldcy

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2017
It wasn’t working for me either... until it just... worked?
I tried creating a few shopping lists yesterday, wasn’t working and I deleted them.

Today I did the same thing and it worked just fine.

Skylark-

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2011
New Zealand
Just updated and not working for me either. 14 Pro. I did notice the app appeared to be trying to load something, so maybe I’ll just wait and see…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.