Reminders Vs. Calendar?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBreatheApple, Oct 18, 2011.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Hey all, I don't really get the advantages or differences between calendar and reminders. Can someone explain? I mean, I know calendar doesn't to the geolocation thing, but what else is beneficial over setting up calendar events?

2. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

For me, calendar is events in the future. I can add something that is happening in say, 3 months. Reminders, is like a next day thing for me. Remind myself to get gas on my way to work.

3. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Are you serious? One is used to remind you to do certain tasks, another is used to schedule and view all of your upcoming events. Pretty obvious...

4. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

No I was kidding.........:confused:

I've always used calendar to remind me to do things.

5. vitog123 macrumors 6502

i think that the reminders app should just be a calendar feature. not a stand-alone app.

6. aluren macrumors 65816

You're not alone. I guess reminder is useful for when you have a task that's not based on a due date cuz in calendar you have to define the date. The location based reminders is a perfect example.

7. tootall macrumors regular

Actually reminder on the iPhone is a great way to make purchasing lists and such. Unfortunately the interface on the Mac OS in iCal is not up to par. I would like to be able to have a stand alone app like in iOS5...

8. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Reminder app is nice , I wouldn't like to see my reminders right next to my calendar online , so I like it , like lets day paying the bill on the 14th , I wouldn't put the In my calendar