Reminders Widget

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by alksion, Dec 19, 2014.

1. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

I have the reminders widget enabled in NC, but nothing ever shows up.

Any ideas why? iPhone 6 running iOS 8.1.2

2. acblue94 macrumors member

acblue94

Only shows up in the widget if you assign a time to the reminder.

3. crookadile macrumors regular

If you want reminders that show up without setting a Day or Time use Onelist.
    It's free in the App Store and has never failed me yet. Just set your reminders as normal and Onelist will show them in the NC. You can also mark them as complete from the NC.

4. alksion thread starter macrumors 68000

alksion

I see. I guess it wasn't working with location based. Too bad.

5. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

Apples reminders app is very inconsistent. Sometimes you get a badge sometimes you don't, sometimes you get something in NC and sometimes you don't. I've given up on that app.

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Location based reminders fall under the "geofence" category so you should see 3rd icon below (in white only) in your status bar if a location based reminder is set properly.

[​IMG]

7. alksion thread starter macrumors 68000

alksion

I use Todoist for most of my needs, however, since it isn't Siri capable, I resort to using reminders on the fly.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, OneList or GoodTask will use iOS/iCloud reminders and can show more of them in their widgets.

----------

Yeah, it just seems that they apparently don't show up in the Reminders widget.

9. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

I've given up on Reminders as well, now I rely on the calendar app and widget and I'm super happy with those!

10. alksion thread starter macrumors 68000

alksion

I agree. If I could drop reminders entirely I would. As mentioned, I use Todoist for the some of my tasks, however, when time is of the essence, reminders is my go to.

Using Siri to quickly create a reminder is still the faster way possible at this point. I hold on to hope that Todoist will add Siri integration soon!

----------

I'll check out OneList and GoodTask, but I'm pretty much set on Todoist after trying them "all."

11. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

Just remember that an app that syncs with iCloud reminders gives you the option to still add reminders using siri. You'll probably have to wait a while for siri integration in todoist.

Calendars 5 for example is a calendar app with reminders built in. It syncs with iCloud calendar and reminders. So adding anything to the default calendar app and reminders app using siri is visible on calendars 5 app and widget.