Remora

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DanUC6, Nov 12, 2013.

1. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

Figured this needs its own proper titled thread. For those who haven't checked this out you should.

http://www.getremora.com

----------

Really great for those who like a minimalistic case. Perfect to use as an everyday case unless you are Constanza.

2. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

So you have Credit Cards, along with the metal strip, and engrossed numbers rubbing against the back of your phone? No thank you.

3. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Why is that a problem? I'm actually curious.

4. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

I have one. Loved it, scratched the back of my phone over time with loading and unloading cards.

Probably would be fine with some sort of back screen protector.

5. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Plastic cards scratch metal?

6. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

7. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

From their site.

Q: Will the sliding cards cause damage to my phone?
    A: Over time you may notice some faint marks appearing on the back panel of your phone from the cards sliding back and forth against it. The majority of these marks can be cleaned or rubbed off (tip: a big eraser works great). In general, plastic credit cards or ID cards are not hard enough to seriously scratch or gouge the metal or glass back panels of your device. Trying to fit more than the intended number of cards (or other objects) into the Remora can increase the likely hood of scratches. Also, small pebbles, dirt, or other sharp, hard particles caught between the cards and the phone can result in scratches. We recommend using a clear protector on the back panel when complete protection is required.

Again, No thank you.

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Clean plastic cannot, but dirty plastic can. It's the dust and sand that's on and in nearly everything that will get in between the two and cause scratches.

9. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok. I can see that. A couple scratches is no big deal for me. But I could see how it would turn people off.

10. Bowsa2511 macrumors regular

11. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Am i the only one who thinks having your credit/bank cards totally exposed on the back of your phone is basically like having a big "rob me" sign on them?

12. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I always carry it in my pocket so they would have to mug me to get. Figure they could steal a wallet if they mugged me anyways. :D

13. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

There's other less visible marks on the back that may or may not rub out.

But the big obvious scratch isn't going anywhere.

Oh well.

Attached Files:

14. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow. That's interesting. How long did you have it on for? Do you still use it?

15. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

I used it consistently for around 6-8 weeks. If I had some sort of protector applied it'd still be mint condition.

I still use it occasionally but I prefer the weight a naked iPhone.

16. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Def agree with your last point. I figure the Remora is the closest thing plus eliminating my wallet. It also offers some lay on the table protection (sort of). Currently the apple leather case and it's covered buttons annoy me.

17. MagnusF macrumors regular

18. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

19. alFR macrumors 68020

The other thread is its own thread, it was started by the designer/maker of the Remora and discusses it pretty much exclusively. What more do you want? :confused:

20. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok fair enough. My bad. Back to remora talk. I want to order the green but sold out. I was told there will be more colors in stock next week. I kind of wish they made a clear one.