Remote access iPhone to your PC from iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SHAPE Services, Aug 27, 2007.

1. SHAPE Services macrumors newbie

SHAPE Services is glad to announce BETA testing round of new Web-service for your iPhone - RDM+.

RDM+: Remote Desktop for Mobiles gives you complete access to your remote PC from anywhere you are.

Point your Safari browser on iPhone to:
    www.iphone.rdmplus.com

[​IMG]

RDM+ is a fast and secure remote access solution that offers you:
    • Remote Desktop, File Manager and System Control
    • Friendly, easy-to-use interface
    • Direct access through NAT and firewall
    • Secure connection, strong data encryption

Your comments and suggestions are important for us.
    Waiting for your feedback: betardm.iphone"at"shapeservices.com

Most active beta-testers will be awarded by free license codes

Support Team
    SHAPE Services
    www.shapeservices.com

2. The General macrumors 601

Spam? It would be okay to promote freeware, but payware? This is just spam. Wow.

3. SHAPE Services thread starter macrumors newbie

What makes you conclude that SHAPE Services is trying to promote the product in the thread. It is simply an invitation for beta testers. It is a common practice to make such announcments in the forum.

In case if you doubt, we invite you to participate in beta testing and get free license code to use the RDM+ service.

4. The General macrumors 601

• Your company sells proprietary payware
    • You registered just to promote your payware
    • Your name is SHAPE Services
    • I don't have a PC
    • I do not what your payware
    • Your program isn't even a program, it's a webapp which means it will suck up a storm just like all the other webapps people have been making

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I tried this out on a friend's account and it was the crappiest iPhone app ive ever used. Wait for the non-beta version to even begin considering it. Really.

6. matthiasgoodman macrumors member

matthiasgoodman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

I think it is an interesting idea. No one else offers something like this for the iPhone and I think of will be great for people that need remote access and don't want to lug around there laptop.

That being said, I imagine that speed on a web app for remote access would be horrible.

7. The General macrumors 601

8. vinhmen macrumors newbie

I'm sure everyone appreciates the vigilance of the volunteer spam police force :rolleyes:, but I find this product very useful. I've tried VNC but it constantly crashes. Kudos to the Shape team.

9. SHAPE Services thread starter macrumors newbie

RDM+ is a useful applciation for anyone needing immediate access to the PC when away from it. The service is in demand and is quite popular with our users. Since most iPhone users are business and governmental workers, who have a PC, but cannot be attached to it 24/7, this application helps these people access documents and files on the go.

10. Star312 macrumors newbie

How can you judge the app or a vendor if you even don't have a PC?

11. The General macrumors 601

They registered just to advertise one of their payware "products" ... that means they are spammers. I don't like spammers. Spammers don't make good software.

12. alabare macrumors member

Hmmm...I keep getting these emails about this new iLife I keep hearing about...crazy. :)

I kid, I kid...

13. Star312 macrumors newbie

May be you are right. But I use iPhone and want to know about services and app that are available nowadays. Suggest me the place where I can find such information. Of course I visit forums and thanks for all vendors that place information about their app here. Especially I can get free license if a take place in beta testing. It's nice from their side. So I can draw a conclusion that vendors who place info about their app aren't spammers.

14. jasonnorm macrumors regular

jasonnorm

No Mac version? WTF!

Hey buddy, go sell your Window$$ crap somewhere else. This is a open source Mac environment (with a few friendly Windows folks.. ;)

15. Heranthony macrumors newbie

There are plenty out there!

Teamviewer is #1 of my top 3