Remote access/networking problems after 10.7

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by clyde2801, Jul 25, 2011.

1. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I'm taking my office over to mac. Got a couple of machines there with a time capsule, had them set up to talk with each other in 10.6 using my mobile me login and had my trusty laptop able to wire in from the house. In the process of going paperless, so was able to access scanned images of all my files from my house or anywhere with a decent internet connection. And all was good.

Upgraded one or two of the machines to 10.7. These machines will now only talk to other macs if they're on the same network. Office machines will no longer give the time of day to machines at my house.

WHAT THE ****?!? :eek::mad::eek:

Please tell me I've overlooked something simple and can easily remedy this downgrade in capabilities.

If not, I've got a '09 SP mac pro at the office. Using it as a file server with 10.6. My office manager/book keeper is using one drive to do her thing, another drive contains forms and images which is backed up using time machine.

Would I be able to stick 10.7 server on her machine and remedy this situation, and would my manager still be able to use her programs on the MP while it's running 10.7 server?

Please tell me it's the first option. Pretty please.

I really am starting to wish that I had stayed with 10.6. Wanna smack those reviewers that reported lion had better networking capabilities on the client version!

2. clyde2801 thread starter macrumors 601

clyde2801

Followup...inexplicably, the problem seems to have resolved itself. Dunno, maybe it needed a reboot or two. Anyway, it's all good now.