Remote Access suggestions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by vwilson, Jan 21, 2009.

1. vwilson macrumors newbie

I have a Mac at work & at home and am needing a recommendation on a really good "Remote Access" program/link. At work they are signed up on LOG ME IN but it is very slow. I need something that is quick and can handle full color, pics & graphics. When I access from home it takes so long to do one simple thing that I finally give up and wait till I go back to work the next day. Other times it simply kicks me off the program.

Any suggestions?

2. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

MobileMe has Back to my Mac, which works very well as long as your firewall doesn't muck things up.

3. GregE macrumors 6502

I've been using Real VNC and it has been working real good. I'm still on the trial version but plan on paying for it. I've accessed my Mac from a PC and from a Mac. I've also accessed my PC at work from my Mac.

http://www.realvnc.com/products/enterprise/macosx.html

[​IMG]

4. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

So if you have a mac at both home and work, and if your office has a VPN, then I suppose you could just setup file shares. That way you are running your apps locally which us much less frustrating that running VNC over long distances.

5. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

i think no matter what you try, you will never have really fast speed at full colour and full resolution.

I use logmein all the time, and it performs well for me. Although not ideal for photoshop, it's great for most apps, although I'm always logged in via SSH

6. vwilson thread starter macrumors newbie

Remote access - THANK YOU

THANK YOU to all that replied with your suggestions. I will look into these options and see if anything will be better than what I have.