Remote Access to Time Capsule from MacBook or Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jcroisant4, Feb 23, 2009.

1. jcroisant4 macrumors newbie

I have been attempting to connect to my TC remotely, and I have not been successful. I followed the instructions posted here

But to no avail.

I am able to connect to it as a server, but only from within my network. when I go to connect, it appears to be going through the internetz and connecting, but when I move outside of my network it does not work.

Any ideas?

2. connelm macrumors newbie

Remote Connect to Time Capsule

The easiest and newest way to get a remote connection to the Time Capsule is through a "mobile me" account. I have tried many different solutions in attempt to connect Remotely to the TC, however until the last firmware release I was not successful. The latest firmware release allows you to enter your mobile me username and password into the routers settings, creating a secure connection back to the Time Capsule.
    I will read through the link you posted and try as I would like to be able to connect to it remotely from a windows machine. If I find anything I will certainly let you know. FYI, you can try a 30 or 60 day free trial of mobile me to see if it is something you like. It does come with a great variety of features as well as the connectivity you are looking for. You should know that it will not do a Time Machine backup while the TC is connected to remotely, but the time it would take to complete would not be worth the wait anyhow.
    Let me know if you have learned anymore on the Windows side of remote connection to the Time Capsule.
    Thanks
    Matt
    www.hastingscomputerrepair.com