Remote Access to Time Capsule Usage while Running Yosemite?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by sonybd, Sep 19, 2015.

1. sonybd macrumors newbie

I'm trying to figure out a way to check devices currently connected to my Time Capsule's Wifi network when I'm not home.

Using iCloud/Back to My Mac via Airport Utility, I've already successfully remotely connected to the Time Capsule and it's settings page while I'm not home. And every setting available while normally connected at home seems to be available when I'm not home, with the exception of a list of currently connected devices (which is annoyingly the only thing I care about). When connected to the Time Capsule's Wifi as normal, all I have to do is click the visual representation of the Time Capsule in airport utility, but when connecting remotely that image doesn't appear and I click the top right "Other Wifi Devices" button to adjust settings instead.

Googling online, it seems if I installed airport utility 5.6 I'd have access to this information using the "Logs & Statistics" option. However, I'm running the latest OS X update, 10.10.5 Yosemite, and only version 6 or above of airport utility seems available.

Is there any work around, or third party program, available that would give me access to this information in Yosemite?

2. chrfr macrumors 604

While this particular post references OS X Mavericks, it works for Yosemite too: http://coreyjmahler.com/2013/10/24/airport-utility-5-6-1-on-os-x-10-9-mavericks/
    I don't know if it will specifically allow what you want, but it'll give you the other various missing features back.