Remote Access ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cfs123, Aug 29, 2010.

1. cfs123 macrumors regular

Hi Forum,

I have been trying a few remote access applications because I would like access to my work and home computer when on the go. However, the only apps I have come across need a user on the other end confirming when I try to access a computer. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

CFS123

2. NJBlackBerry macrumors member

You really want a VPN client so you can connect to your network. Unfortunately, many of the major VPN vendors have not released apps for the iPhone and iPad.

3. cfs123 thread starter macrumors regular

OK. I'll give it a go.

4. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Yep, this one works great for me.

5. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

I purchased RemoteTap for my iPhone a long time ago. I use it on the iPad too but you know about the pixel difference. I just contacted the developer who said they are working on the ipad version so I will wait for that.

6. openendstraight macrumors regular

openendstraight

I use LogMeIn on both iPhone and iPad, and it works great. It even works well on 3G.

7. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

I used Iteleport, universal with both iPad and iPhone. :D

8. stenogirl macrumors newbie

Besides LogMeIn Ignition, check out Jump Desktop (not for Mac though), or Desktop Connect, or iTap RDP Client, or iTeleport for iPad (need Google).

9. pier macrumors 6502

pier

iTeleport works great. You can configure the screen to use less colors so that it refreshes faster, and you get all the keys from your keyboard (alt, control, command, etc), scroll with 2 fingers, etc.

The setup is fool proof... just install the app on the computer put your google account data, open the app on the ipad. Done.

You need a google account for accessing your computer from outside the same network though.

10. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

I completely agree. I went for iTeleport and it was easy to install and works a treat. I required to remote into my iMac for the same reasons as the OP.

There are also a number of other threads on this issue too with other suggestions.