remote accessing site on .mac?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by xob, Feb 2, 2011.

1. xob, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2011

xob macrumors member

xob

I have a couple websites that are hosted on the "Web" area in my iDisk and am wondering how I can setup my web editor of choice, Coda, to access the site remotely. From what I understand, this is the same area where iWeb created site are deposited. I have been getting my with drag and drop so far but it can be a PITA.

Bonus question: Anyone successfully run a WordPress site on .mac?

Any help or insight greatly appreciated. -Hugo :confused:

FTP access available for .mac? I'd really like to live edit via Coda. Thanks!

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Sorry, no. iDisk uses WebDAV for it's connection method, not FTP. IIRC, there are some FTP clients that also support WebDAV, including Transmit, I believe. With one of those, you could work out a solution (many allow for editing files in an external editor, automatically saving changes to the webhost when you save the file in Coda).

And no, you cannot run a Wordpress installation from your iDisk. It doesn't support PHP or any other server-side scripts that would be needed to operate something like that. I think it's possible that at this point you'd be best finding an actual web host.

jW

3. xob thread starter macrumors member

xob

4. xob thread starter macrumors member

xob