Remote app and compilations

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KettyKrueger, Aug 7, 2008.

1. KettyKrueger macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

Hi All

Very annoying problem. I have a few compilation albums in my iTunes library, they are nicely and neatly tucked away under compilations. Trouble is, when I use the Remote application, it shows EVERY artist, even ones that should be nicely tucked away under compilations.

Anyone got any idea how to solve this? I suppose I could change the artist field to something like the album name, but I like to know what artist is playing!

2. KettyKrueger thread starter macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

3. petegas macrumors newbie

I notice the same problem, but it is strange, it only happens for *some* of my compilations. If I go to the 'albums' view in the remote app, some albums are nicely listed as a single album, others show every track. It seems totally random as to which. Very annoying!

4. petegas macrumors newbie

Still seems to be an issue, and I can't for the life of me figure out why it happens for some compilations and not others - I've checked seemingly every setting, made sure the 'sort artist', etc fields aren't set - anyone?