remote app and what id like to see

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dukebound85, Jul 28, 2008.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i love how i can control my itunes on my mac from my ipod touch. however, i would love it even more if i could stream the songs off my mac to my ipod so i can listen to my whole library when i am around the house.

is this possible?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

Not with the current version of the app. I agree that this would be very neat if they were to do this. Maybe it would be possible in a future update. You can already do this from another computer if you share your library so it appears that everything is in place for it.

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I'm not sure about using a MAC, but I can stream songs off my PC after installing Tversity and setting up sharing. I use Safari, and simply go the the IP address of my PC.

4. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

I would like to see the ability to control Front Row with the Touch.

5. Vaphoron macrumors 6502

Vaphoron

I would be really, really cool!

6. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

It's surprising that this wasn't done since the Apple remote controls Front Row. Controlling just iTunes seems like a step back.

7. qacjared macrumors regular

What is even worse is that FrontRow and BackRow(The Apple TV Software) share the same codebase except that FrontRow doesnt support YouTube.

I guess apple has gone Sarbanes Oxyly Crazy and is not gonna add any new feature to existing products(In this case Remote.App support to front row in leopard) because of auditing.

8. notnek macrumors 6502

notnek

when i had 1.1.4 jailbroken, i used Simplify Media to stream my library over WiFi. it rocked during long art classes. i had all of my media to choose from.

9. Drifte macrumors newbie

Streaming anything back and forth touch-computer seems like it should be possible. My brother saw my touch plugged into my mac and was like WTF? why? He sees the wireless bluetooth keyboard mouse, wireless internet and then the BA touch is WIRED IN?

It seems like remote is the future of syncing to me...

10. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Would wireless syncing be fast enough? I mean, syncing videos, apps, and music over a wireless network - sounds like a real battery drain, and a looong process.

Of course, I've never tried it so I can't say. Ideas?

11. thebeesknees macrumors regular

It's a web app called iPhone remote. You have to play around with your firewall settings. It may be for Mac only though. It even let's you control your Mac, although Mocha is better for that. But you can take pictures with the camera, and read all your text files and stuff.

http://code.google.com/p/telekinesis/

Enjoy!

12. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

The Zune does it. I pick the Zune off my alarm dock and it's all updated with new podcasts, having synced at a scheduled time early morning. The Touch could be set to only do it while on a dock if you're worried about battery drain.