Remote App / Apple TV - Controlling Shared Video Libraries

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by blantonl, Jul 11, 2008.

1. blantonl macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2008
    Is there any way to control and browse shared video libraries on the Apple TV using the new remote app?

All of my movies are stored on a separate computer and accessed using the Shared Videos feature on the Apple TV - however I can only browse movies that are locally stored on the apple TV.

Anyone know a way to browse to shared videos?
  2. switched on macrumors member

switched on

Feb 22, 2006
    no Apple TV for me, so I don't have an answer for that. I was bummed to see that the is no way to control Front Row, as I use a mini on my TV. -or did I miss something?
  3. JW008 macrumors 6502

Apr 29, 2005
    You're talking about videos that are on the main computer that your AppleTV is synced with, right?

If so, I had this problem after I first synced my iPhone with the AppleTV. It turns out for some reason iTunes and my AppleTV got disconnected. I closed iTunes and then restarted it and then all my streaming media showed up.
  4. jajacob3 macrumors newbie

Jul 12, 2008
    having issues with shared videos

I got my shared music to play through my apple tv with the remote app but not my shared videos. I can look at my movies, and they show up like they are there but when i click to play them it plays them in itunes on my computer. When i choose a song though it plays through my apple tv. Any suggestions?