Remote app broken after 10.5.6

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by khunsanook, Dec 20, 2008.

1. khunsanook macrumors 6502

khunsanook

Anybody else having problems with ipod/iphone Remote app connecting to their iTunes library since updating to 10.5.6? I haven't changed anything in my settings (computer or router), but now iTunes gets stuck when trying to verify my Touch passcode. I can get Remote to connect if i set up a computer-to-computer network with my MacBook, but not on my or any other wifi networks (I've tried 3)

in iTunes prefs I have checked "look for iPhone and iPod Touch Remotes"
    in Firewall Security section of System Prefs I have set access for iTunes and also tried "allow all incoming connections"

This is super frustrating because I have become addicted to Remote app.

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

It works fine for me. Try setting it up again.

3. khunsanook thread starter macrumors 6502

khunsanook

Glad it's working for you. I've tried setting it up again many many times already.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Well there isn't much to help you with. It's not like an app which has settings we can modify. I say, delete the app. Reboot the computer. And try again.

5. khunsanook thread starter macrumors 6502

khunsanook

Right. Done the delete-reinstall process a few times. I realize it's not the easiest thing to troubleshoot, but just looking for anyone who might be experiencing similar probs and found a solution. I've found quite a few posts on other forums about similar problems over the past months (unrelated to 10.5.6) and have tried others' fixes to no avail. For now I guess I'm stuck with using Remote over a computer-to-computer network until things "just work" again...whenever that is. So strange how the app was flawless until the 10.5.6 update.