Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
I just upgraded to the ATV4 last night. So far so good! It's noticeably quicker than the ATV3, more responsive, improved interface, much nicer remote, nice added screen savers/sound effects and little touches like that. The streaming just seems...stronger, too. Hard to describe. It just looks better and seems to stream the Watch ESPN app...better. Not a bad upgrade for $119! (I got Best Buy to price match the Radioshack online deal).

My only question...is there a remote app for the ATV4? I remember I used to be able to launch the Remote app on my phone and could type and swipe on the ATV3. I can't seem to get the Remote app to recognize the ATV4, and it's annoying having to type out email addresses and passwords on that thing. Am I missing something?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
My only question...is there a remote app for the ATV4? I remember I used to be able to launch the Remote app on my phone and could type and swipe on the ATV3. I can't seem to get the Remote app to recognize the ATV4, and it's annoying having to type out email addresses and passwords on that thing. Am I missing something?
The same app works with the ATV4, but make sure the operating system on the ATV has been updated; the Remote app didn't work initially with the ATV4, but it was enabled later with an update.

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
The same app works with the ATV4, but make sure the operating system on the ATV has been updated; the Remote app didn't work initially with the ATV4, but it was enabled later with an update.
Ahhh, I bet that's what it is. Updating software is usually the first thing I do, but I forgot to do that last night. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.