Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IPadNParadise

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Just got Apple TV 2 weeks ago and I love it but didn't care for its remote. Installed Remote App on my iPad and was very happy with it, for a whole week. Now only part of it works. I can not get it to drag to select something whether it be an icon, something from the menu or a movie in Netflix. The Menu button at the bottom and the tap in middle of screen both work just no longer the drag. Does anybody have any suggestions or is this just a worthless app?

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Just got Apple TV 2 weeks ago and I love it but didn't care for its remote. Installed Remote App on my iPad and was very happy with it, for a whole week. Now only part of it works. I can not get it to drag to select something whether it be an icon, something from the menu or a movie in Netflix. The Menu button at the bottom and the tap in middle of screen both work just no longer the drag. Does anybody have any suggestions or is this just a worthless app?

I've occasionally had the app become unresponsive for a second or two, so if you're dragging nothing happens for a couple of seconds, then the scrolling/selecting happens. But nothing as consistent as you're seeing.

I'd just go through the usual steps (quit and relaunch the app, delete & reinstall the app, restart the iPad)

IPadNParadise

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Yeah, I've done all that several times now. I think it's just a poor quality app. Too bad, it worked so well with the ATV when all the functions of the app worked.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Have you tried restarting the iPad and/or the app? Not just going to the home screen and then reopening. I mean actually exiting the app fully and reopening it?

IPadNParadise

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
I did try restarting the App and deleting and reinstalling. Finally thought to try a restart on the Apple TV even tho I thought the problem revolved around the iPad and the iPad Remote App. Well, restarting the Apple TV fixed the Remote App right up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.