Remote App in Reverse?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cytoxyn, Sep 29, 2009.

1. cytoxyn macrumors regular

cytoxyn

Does anyone know of a way to remote control an iTouch 1G/ iPhone 3GS? Meaning controling the playback and such without getting up up do so or if i am in another room and I want to track forward?

2. Jordan the Nerd macrumors member

Jordan the Nerd

You could buy the Apple Universal dock with remote, it has play/pause, fast forward / rewind, next / previous track, vol + / -, etc.

- Jordan

3. cytoxyn thread starter macrumors regular

cytoxyn

Thought about but the $50.00 price tag was a little steep. I found a deal for 1/2 the price where i downloaded Airfoil from the app store and the companion program from the developer and wa la instant streaming through my ipod

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

It sucks that the remote app doesn't have the internet radio stations on there.

5. cytoxyn thread starter macrumors regular

cytoxyn

I agree but if you want it look into the Airfoil app I mentioned. Here is a link to the site. http://rogueamoeba.com/Then download the free companion app from itunes.

Also on a side note if you have another touch/ iphone you can us the remote app to control itunes which is streaming the music. Kind of funny I think

6. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

I am not aware of any apps that do this. I personally think it should be a part of iTunes, like home sharing.