Remote app - no access to iTunes library?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by darthbane2k, May 3, 2015.

1. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

Using the remote app I can see my iTunes library. Tapping on the icon takes me to the 'Now Playing' screen for my Mac , yet there is no way I can actually see the contents of my library or queue songs like I can with remote app for iPhone.

Is this correct? Seems a rather stupid limitation..

2. maliu macrumors 6502a

Go to the now playing glance, double tap on it and it will you take you to the menu. It shows all my music.

3. darthbane2k thread starter macrumors 6502

Music on your phone though - not your iTunes library. Right?

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I think your are confusing with the Muisc App. There is no Glances for the Remote App. It is not even listed in the Companion App to configure. At least I don't see it.

5. darthbane2k thread starter macrumors 6502

On the iPhone remote app I can see my iTunes library on my iMac , browse through music and start playing queuing /playing music.

On the watch remote app all I can do is pause/control volume of my library music that is ALREADY playing. So I cannot browse the entire library.
    This is a significant flaw.

6. v1597psh macrumors regular

v1597psh

I agree! For me Remote app on WATCH is useless as I need a glance for it and the ability to browse my library!

7. flashflooder macrumors regular

This was one of the first apps I tried when I got my watch and I couldn't even believe how limited the Remote app is on :apple: watch...

Way to show the world that apps on the watch are basically useless, Apple.