Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
London
My Apple remote that came with my MBP 2.33Ghz Core 2 Duo stock (Still under warranty) has just stopped working I think the battery button thing came lose is it worth asking applecare for another one?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Well you will get another one. But UPS will have to deliver it, or you can get it exchanged at an Apple Store.

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
London
Ok but whats the number I have to call and because my MBP is out of its 90days support what will it cost to call them, I dont mind if its like 40p per min or something but its its something stupid like £3 per min and they keep you on hold for 10 minutes...

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
London
Update* Just called Applecare and woman was as stupid as **** on my shoe, I say to her I bought my MBP a a few months ago shes asked for my serial and she says whats the problem? I say The remote seems to have stopped working I think its the case holding the battery in I've tried everything including replacing the battery she says Have you tried pressing the menu button to see if it opens front row? o.0
Err yeah I have tried that. Then she says Can you click on the Apple button in the top left corner of your screen, ok so I do it then she says hold down the up button, so I do so. Nothing after ages then she says so the remote wont respond to you holding the up button! o.0!!!!!! Then aftr ages of testing she says "Well the warranty on your Macbook Pro is one year, but 3 months with the accessories." WTF DID YOU MAKE ME DO ALL THESE TESTS FOR IF YOU WEREN'T GOING TO REPLACE IT ONCE YOU FOUND OUT WHAT I WAS TELLING YOU FOR SO FRECKING LONG! So now Apple expects me to pay £19 (like $40) for an Apple remote because the one they included brakes after 5 months. Not cool Apple.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
To call technical support call the Regent St store and press 2, that's cheaper ;).

I suspect under UK law that it has to be guaranteed for a year (5-6 years actually).

I've never had a problem with Apple's support, they do get you to check dumb things but you have to stick with it, most customers are stupid. And never be rude to them, they are people too and if you are polite you will get further.

PS Next time you want to call a company look on this site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.