remote camera app

nima2007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
i need an app that uses the iphone's camera and i can somehow view it on my computer so i can use it as a spy camera, i have an iphone 4 ios 4.0.1 and it's jailbroken:apple:

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
curiouser and curiouser

i need an app that uses the iphone's camera and i can somehow view it on my computer so i can use it as a spy camera, i have an iphone 4 ios 4.0.1 and it's jailbroken:apple:
What an odd request.

but wouldn't a peep hole just be easier? oh well, to each their own.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I agree what an odd request.

However, you did not say what type of computer you wanted to use. I assume it is not an Apple or you would have been proud enough to list it.
If you have an iPad then it is easy, just use Camera A and Camera B apps and your in like Flint.

nima2007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Windows

It is a windows computer no I don't have an ipad but I have an iPod touch. Will the camera a b thing work between iPhone 4 and iPod touch 2g

nima2007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Doesn't iCam work the other way? You can view your Mac or PC camera on your iPhone not your iPhone camera on your Mac or PC?

I guess I should have refreshed my webpage before replying!

Yes I want to view my iPhone camera on a computer not computer webcam on iphone so icam won't work

agjake01

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Bambuser is the best app I've found so far. You can set up your IP4 to broadcast to a session generated URL. You type in the web address and have the stream on your computer. (Free App)

Ustream and Qik also allow you to live stream but I don't like their interface as well and they seem to lag a bit more.

Simm0nS777

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Northeast Ohio
Bambuser is the best app I've found so far. You can set up your IP4 to broadcast to a session generated URL. You type in the web address and have the stream on your computer. (Free App)

Ustream and Qik also allow you to live stream but I don't like their interface as well and they seem to lag a bit more.
doesn't look like it works with ios4

nima2007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
yes somthing like qik but qik is not that good and a lan stream would be faster

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.