Remote Chat / Screen Share / Video Watch???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mss1, Aug 23, 2011.

1. mss1 macrumors newbie

Is there a way for two Macbooks to screen share to watch a movie together, and also video chat at the same time?

Basically I would like to insert a DVD into one Macbook, and have it viewable on both Macbooks while video chatting. - With screen sharing it will duplicate the chat window, for example, on the machine sharing the DVD, the other Macbook will see the movie and chat window (and everything else on the screen) but they will also have the chat window open on their computer.

Is there an easy way for two people to watch a movie together while chatting?

2. mss1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I head the screen sharing will not work because it will be too laggy or something. If you share a DVD, is there a way to use it on multiple computers? Would you just have to start the movie at the same time?

3. mss1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I wanted to follow-up on this. If not a DVD is there a good way to share video somehow, other that screen sharing. Is there a good way to keep video chat separate?

4. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Are you doing this on a LAN? opposite ends of the earth? Or somewhere in between?

VLC has some sort of video server thing, but I haven't messed with it much. I would think it would probably only work over a LAN .. but don't really know much about it.

Several days ago I saw a thread here about some program that let you play a video and redirect it though skype as if it were a webcam. Don't remember the name of the software though.

5. deepak832 macrumors newbie

ios video chat

Hello,

I want to develop a live video chatting application for iPhone, i tried to find in alots of web sites but not able to get much help on this.

Please can you help me in this,

# how can i start development for the Video chat application for iphone,
    # Is there any API available (Paid or Free)
    # Any document or guideline

It will be very helpful for me if yo can share any knowledge with me on this.

Thanks,
    Deepak