Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrxmania04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Hi:

I am using a ibook G4 tiger 10.4 and trying to access to my work pc win xp pro from this mac. The office PC is already set up for remote access by the network admin. Its using Remote Web Workplace with microsoft small business server 2003. I downloaded the remote desktop connection for Mac version 2. It asks for the ip address and I e-mailed the network guy at work re: this issue. He mentioned that the he is using web proxy to connect to my office pc. Can anybody tell me what to do to access the network from my mac? Thanks a lot.

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
You need to enter the IP address of the proxy server in RDC on your Mac, not the IP address of the Windows Server, then it should work. Why? Because the Windows Server is using a private IP address that is not accessible from the Internet, but the proxy server "knows" that when it receives a request on TCP port 3389 (default for RDP), it has to redirect it to the Windows Terminal Server.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.