Remote Control for Iphone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by netjack, Jul 31, 2008.

1. netjack macrumors member

Anyone know of an eta for a remote control that is compatible w/ the 3g? Or headphones that have a fast forward feature to them?

thx

2. twynne macrumors 6502a

I'd really like the same - to be more specific something that allows the volume to be controlled, play/pause, and forward/back.

To the OP, the V-Moda Vibe Duo does let you play/pause and forward tracks using the button next to the mic (single click=play/pause, double=next track). Works great, but I'd still love volume control.

3. netjack thread starter macrumors member

accordingly to all the reviews, those phones seem to break after only a few weeks use. that's un-accepatable to me.

4. twynne macrumors 6502a

True - there are a few reports of that, but keep in mind that people who've had problems are a lot more likely to post than people who haven't. I've had mine for the last month, in and out of various pockets, bags, etc. and not a single problem with them.

I've also compared the sound with Sennheiser's, Sony's, and Denon's (all 'mid-range' in cost) and personally prefer the V-Moda's by a mile.

To each his own though. :)

5. netjack thread starter macrumors member

6. netjack thread starter macrumors member

7. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

8. netjack thread starter macrumors member

correct me if i'm wrong (because I know you will), all the headphones skip forward don't fast forward. this is important since I listen to many audio books that require me to ff not skip.