Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netjack

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Anyone know of an eta for a remote control that is compatible w/ the 3g? Or headphones that have a fast forward feature to them?

thx

twynne

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
London, UK
I'd really like the same - to be more specific something that allows the volume to be controlled, play/pause, and forward/back.

To the OP, the V-Moda Vibe Duo does let you play/pause and forward tracks using the button next to the mic (single click=play/pause, double=next track). Works great, but I'd still love volume control.

netjack

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
accordingly to all the reviews, those phones seem to break after only a few weeks use. that's un-accepatable to me.

twynne

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
London, UK
True - there are a few reports of that, but keep in mind that people who've had problems are a lot more likely to post than people who haven't. I've had mine for the last month, in and out of various pockets, bags, etc. and not a single problem with them.

I've also compared the sound with Sennheiser's, Sony's, and Denon's (all 'mid-range' in cost) and personally prefer the V-Moda's by a mile.

To each his own though. :)

dan-o-mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
Brooklyn, NY

According to the warning on the ebay page, Im going to say no. There's a large thread on iPhone headphones with the mic/fast foward function. Use the forum search.

ebayexpress.jpg

netjack

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
correct me if i'm wrong (because I know you will), all the headphones skip forward don't fast forward. this is important since I listen to many audio books that require me to ff not skip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.