Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

th0masp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2015
Looking for a way to control my playlist without taking the Touch out of the pocket and activating the display every.single.time.

So I'm i the market for a remote control with actual buttons for play/pause/previous/next and volume that works with the current Touch model. Can be wired or wireless - but must work separately from the headphones (not interested in new ones).

I found a few references on amazon to apparently outdated devices. Is there anything compatible on the market?

Oh and - I have a really old (white plastic) Apple remote somewhere that once shipped with a Macbook. I assume that's strictly IR-based and won't do the job so no point in searching for it?
[doublepost=1538584096][/doublepost]Just found this - https://www.amazon.com/Satechi-Blue...415d5eu%2B%2BML&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I suppose this should work with the Ipod Touch - but has anyone tried one of these remotes and can tell me if these are hardwired to e.g. only work with Apple Music? I'm using alternative media players here (Vox, mostly).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.