Remote Control for Mac Pro? Also, web Cam/multi-user video conference recommendation?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ObaMaciden, Dec 15, 2008.

1. ObaMaciden macrumors member

ObaMaciden

I just tried the remote control that came with my 2007 Intel C2D iMac on my mac pro. Well, it does not seem to recognize it. Anyone know how to get Mac Pro to work with an iMac remote (which also works with my MBP)?:confused:

Also, which web cam works well with Mac Pro? I thought Apple used to sell USB iSight, but I could find it on Apple Store.

I might also ask if you know a good multi-party video conference application/website that works good across OSX/Win platforms. Thanks in advance:D

2. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

The remote control does not work because the Mac Pro lacks an infrared port. i'll love to be able to use my remote with FrontRow on the mac pro but at the moment, no kebab.

I know there are some third party solutions out there to use a remote with your mac pro, i think it's called Mira or something like that.

Any USB webcam should work, just make sure there are the appropriate drivers. I personally purchased a second hand isight webcam with firewire to use.

3. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

Personally, I would use the old external isight. I bought it specifically from ebay for my future mp purchase.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

GoToMeeting.com

I've never used it but Leo Laporte (TWiT) highly recommends it.

5. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

6. ObaMaciden thread starter macrumors member

ObaMaciden

Thanks.:p I checked out gotomeeting.com. It looks like they VoIP and visual documents, like ppt, for online meetings. I'm wondering about iChat style multi-user OSX/Win cross-platform websites or apps.

7. ObaMaciden thread starter macrumors member

ObaMaciden

8. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Yes I use it along with the IR receiver i bought from the same company. I like it. Works great. I don't know if you have to buy it to make the remote work if you get one of there IR receivers or not as i have never tried without the software because its cheaper to buy them both together.