Remote control for the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ndwgolf, Nov 30, 2007.

1. ndwgolf macrumors regular

Guys,
    Is there a remote control for the iPhone? I tried the remote for my macbook but didn't get any response from it, has anyone else figured out how to get remote access to there phone (it would be great to have it to use in my car)
    Thanks

Neil

2. SRSound macrumors 6502

Your MB remote works on IR - the phone does not have IR. You would need a device that communicates on Wifi or Bluetooth but, harder still, software to allow this device to talk to the iPhone. So, no, nothing that I can think of...

3. BigDaddy5 macrumors member

If you get a universal charger from Apple for ~$50, it allows IR reception from an apple remote, which is included. The IR receiver even works when there is no power to the base station. I put this in my car for now, to use my iPhone with. The remote works great.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Is that the universal dock? I also think there may be some bt or wifi remote option when the official sdk is released. One could hope even.

5. BigDaddy5 macrumors member

Yes, thanks for correcting me. It's the universal dock. Works very well in my car.