Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
1st World Problem: I use my iPad to control my Sonos audio system from my kitchen. Its great when multitasking between rooms , but if I decide to stop at my computer and process email or other tasks, I don't have a way to hit "pause" on the iPad without breaking my workflow without a side trip to the kitchen where my iPad is at.

Important detail: the iPad uses Airplay to connect feed audio to an Airport Express that feeds the Sonos system.

I can press stop in the Sonos software, which will stop the audio. But the Podcast I am streaming from the iPad.

The only solution that I can think of is to never play content directly from the iPad ala use Apple remote and stream from iTunes. What I lose by doing the latter is that Apple Remote does not support Podcast stations, which I use religiously.

Any ideas? I'm going to suggest remote control functionality for the iPad with my case as a use case where it would be helpful.

PS I have this post set to daily notification of replies.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I said in my original post that I could use Apple remote to control iTunes on my computer upstairs, so, to repeat myself, yes.

However, Apple remote does not support Podcast stations, which, as I said earlier, I use religiously to organize my podcast feeds. Using Apple remote would mean that I'd have to create and maintain a separate set of playlists that duplicate what my Podcast stations do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.