Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Junkdumpster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
I've looked everywhere and no one even seems to be posing my exact question, let alone an answer to it. I like to plug in my iPad to the TV via HDMI using the official Apple adapter, but I don't like not having a simple way of controlling it from far away. As of right now, BeeKeyboard (on the Cydia Store) has been the best option I've found, because it allows control of the entire system via BT Keyboard.

However, a keyboard is still a bit larger and more complex for other people to use, since I have to custom set my own controls. I'd like to know if there's any way to both connect and use a smaller, less complex BT device to control my iPad.

Whatever I use, it'll be primarily for watching video, so playback controls are a must. However, I also have to be able to launch different apps and videos within those apps (I primarily use the native videos app, Netflix, and Hulu), so system control is a must. This means I need something that can either use mouse emulation, or at least scroll through apps like the aforementioned BeeKeyboard does.

I have a WiiMote (which I know can connect), a PS3 BD remote (should be able to connect, but I haven't found a way), a PS3 remote (doubt this can connect), an iPhone (also jailbroken), and obviously a BT Keyboard. I'm happy to try any of these things, or invest in another option if it's relatively cheap.

So my question is: is my request possible to be fulfilled; does something like this exist?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I've looked everywhere and no one even seems to be posing my exact question, let alone an answer to it. I like to plug in my iPad to the TV via HDMI using the official Apple adapter, but I don't like not having a simple way of controlling it from far away. As of right now, BeeKeyboard (on the Cydia Store) has been the best option I've found, because it allows control of the entire system via BT Keyboard.

However, a keyboard is still a bit larger and more complex for other people to use, since I have to custom set my own controls. I'd like to know if there's any way to both connect and use a smaller, less complex BT device to control my iPad.

Whatever I use, it'll be primarily for watching video, so playback controls are a must. However, I also have to be able to launch different apps and videos within those apps (I primarily use the native videos app, Netflix, and Hulu), so system control is a must. This means I need something that can either use mouse emulation, or at least scroll through apps like the aforementioned BeeKeyboard does.

I have a WiiMote (which I know can connect), a PS3 BD remote (should be able to connect, but I haven't found a way), a PS3 remote (doubt this can connect), an iPhone (also jailbroken), and obviously a BT Keyboard. I'm happy to try any of these things, or invest in another option if it's relatively cheap.

So my question is: is my request possible to be fulfilled; does something like this exist?

I'm also interested in a solution like this. Too bad there wasn't a cydia hack which would allow you to use the app store app called "Remote" where you could use your jailbroken iPhone to control your jailbroken iPad. Right now that Apple app "Remote" only allows you to use your iPhone or iPad to control the Apple TV or iTunes. It does not allow you to use your iPhone to control your iPad. Maybe I should just buy an Apple TV?

Either way I'm looking for the same solution. Hopefully a forum member will have something for us.

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
You can probably install a VNC client on the iPhone then on a jailbroken ipad you could install veency server.

Once thats done you should be able to vnc from your iphone to control your ipad

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.