Remote Desktop and schedule quit Apps

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by myusername, Apr 28, 2007.

1. myusername macrumors member

myusername

Does anyone know of a way for ARD to, on a schedule, check to see if a client computer is running a program then launch a kill process to end it. I have found a couple of employees who use the Azureus Bittorrent Torrent client usually when I've left for the night. I have ARD at home but if I'm not home I'd rather just have ARD do it automatically.

Thanks
    GB

2. macbubba macrumors newbie

Not sure as far as ARD. However, wouldn't it be simpler to uninstall their torrent client, and adjust perms to prevent a reinstall? If they've got admin on their own machines, and you don't have a separate router/firewall/etc that could enforce your policy, nothing automated (in ARD or otherwise) is going to be effective for long. At which point, you might consider whether you value the policy or employees more.

3. Mr.Texor macrumors regular

if they have ssh access.. you could do a script to check if it's running

ps -A | grep azureus

and if it's running, then just send a

kill azureus

4. Mr.Texor macrumors regular

hmm.. another thing you might want to do.. is a script that will check all computers and then kill azureus or any program if it's running.

you can put that file on your computer at work (assuming it stays on, or there's a way to wake it up) and run it with cron. or.. just put the script on each computer and run it with cron...