Remote Desktop App Suggestions

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Tobster3, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have searched and read a number of the threads relating to Remote Desktop apps.

I originally downloaded Teamviewer but I didn’t like as I had to start up Teamviewer on my iMac to be able to remote in which for me sort of defeats the point.

I then downloaded JumpDesktop but to enable me to have complete remote access (when I am not on the same WiFi network) I had to download DynDNS Update Client and it was just a pain in the ass for me to set up as when it came to configure my router, I couldn’t get it to work.

SO, to avoid spending more money on Remote Desktop App's, I am looking for someone to recommend an Remote Desktop App that can do the following:-

1) Work with my iMac remoting in from my iPad.
    2) Enable me to remote in when I am thousands of miles away.
    3) Automatically starts up when my iMac is switched on so I don’t have to enable it. It doesn’t need to work when my iMac is in sleep mode or off as I can obviously schedule my iMac when to switch on and off.
    4) Has a user friendly set up for someone who isn’t that knowledgeable on setting up these kinds of items
    5) Is very user friendly.

I have read the threads on here but haven't been able to identify which app would work best to cover my requirements.

I am not too concerned on the price.

Thanks for any suggestions

Stuart

2. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

LogMeIn (on your Mac) + LogMeIn Ignition (on your iPad).

3. Tobster3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your reply but as mentioned I have already searched and read the forums but they do not answer specifically which Apps meet my requirements.

4. Tobster3 thread starter macrumors 6502

I think you may have the wrong forum. I didn't want to read all your post as I have yet to see the end of Lost. :rolleyes:

5. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

you are most likely replying to a spambot ;)

6. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

LogMeIn does automatically start with OSX? That's half my problem now, I am using TeamViewer (not a bad app considering the free price tag) and I forget to start the damn partner app on my MBP.

Idiotic, yes. Do I wish there was a thoughtless solution, absolutely.

7. Beaverman3001 macrumors 6502

Just set team viewer to start when osx boots, it's what I do, and it's free so

8. Tobster3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Installed iTeleport.

Easy to Install and first indications show that all is working well and as I need.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

9. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

Will iTeleport work on PC's, too? or just Macs?

10. sinsin07 macrumors 68040

LogMeIn sounds like your best best. However Jumpdesktop works just fine port forwarding.

11. saberahul macrumors 68040

Not sure about Mac, but on Windows TeamViewer starts up automatically when my computer is turned on. If you're talking about WOL (Wake on Lan) then Log me in is the best way to go assuming your mac supports WOL. Log Me In is free (or pro which is $70/yr) and the app is for $30 for iPad.