Remote desktop client update? Whats this?

MiniD3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2013
Australia
Hi Guys
Just noticed an update in my App Store Icon,
Says it is an update for "Remote Desktop Client"?
Couldn't find the app in finder?
Do I need to update this or is it a scam?

DeltaMac

macrumors G4
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Remote Desktop Client is part of your macOS system. There is no outward-facing app for the client part of Remote Desktop.
That update was provided today for the system.
Not some kind of scan.

It is the client software that resides on any Mac. You would use that when you want to provide comprehensive support for Macs on a network,using the Apple Remote Desktop software. The software allows you to easily do a lot of things on Macs from a central server, or from a controlling Mac, such as a teacher's computer, with student Macs under the teacher's control - or other network setups that have Macs.

It's a small update, which is safe for you to install (it's from Apple)
Or, you can choose to ignore it, I suppose.

Last edited:

Jahvision

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2016
Jahville
Remote Desktop Client is part of your macOS system. There is no outward-facing app for the client part of Remote Desktop.
That update was provided today for the system.
Not some kind of scan.

It is the client software that resides on any Mac. You would use that when you want to provide comprehensive support for Macs on a network,using the Apple Remote Desktop software. The software allows you to easily do a lot of things on Macs from a central server, or from a controlling Mac, such as a teacher's computer, with student Macs under the teacher's control - or other network setups that have Macs.

It's a small update, which is safe for you to install (it's from Apple)
Or, you can choose to ignore it, I suppose.
[doublepost=1487856555][/doublepost]Thank you I was a little confused.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.